Sunday, March 16, 2014

USDA Needs New Restrictions

          Have you ever noticed that after eating McDonald's finest cheeseburgers you get a mctummy ache?  Well, after doing some research on why this happens nearly every time I eat this "food," I had come to find that they are being truthful in saying that they are using 100% beef.  The problem is how the beef is prepared.  I also discovered that this is not only an issue in McDonald's meat, but meat throughout the United States.
          I read an article and watched an attached video that gave a great demonstration to how cows are prepared to get more out of them.  The good meat cuts that are worth more money are taken first and left good to eat, for now.  The extra meat that is low grade and found between organs is then taken and put into a dryer that splits the "meat" and fat.  The meat is then washed in an ammonia mixture to get rid of the E. Coli and salmonella found in it.  This is followed by a fine grinding that results in the pink slime.  The pink slime is is added to other ground beef as a filler to get more out of it.  The USDA allows up to fifteen percent of this pink slime and does not require any products to label the ammonia meat percentages.
          I think this is outrageous.  The USDA needs to put a stop to this process or at least start by requiring producers to label the ammonia percentages so people are aware of what they are eating.  It disgusts me that the U.S. is allowing this ammonia meat to be in children's school lunches, fast foods, and even ground beef bought from the grocery store.  People should not be given this food that is technically low grade dog food without given a notice about it.




http://www.medicaldaily.com/mcdonalds-use-ammonium-hydroxide-wash-meat-angers-chef-jamie-oliver-theyre-not-only-culprit-video

No comments:

Post a Comment